- Puppy Socialization Hour - $15 - We offer puppy socialization hour at The Brooklyn Dog Training Center for pups under six months of age (and their humans). We believe that puppies need socialization as well as training, and that's what these classes are for. There is a weight limit of 35 pounds. Pre-registration IS required for new clients (do not just show up unless you've been to class with Renee before). Check us out on NBC's Today Show.
- Level 1 Training Classes for puppies & adults - 1 hour per week for 4 weeks - $200 - These classes cover basic commands (sit, down, stay, leave it, drop it, come, place) as well as addressing good doggie manners (leash walking, mouthing, chewing, jumping, barking, housetraining). Puppy class is for puppies with at least one round of shots but still under 6 months of age. We also work in some social time for puppies both because socialization is important and because they can't focus on us humans for an entire hour. Adult class is for dogs over 6 months of age. The training curriculum is the same for both the puppy and adult classes. The first class is an orientation but dogs DO attend with you; orientation is required as the rest of the course builds on this hour.
- Level 2 Training Classes - 1 hour per week for 4 weeks - $200 - This course takes what your dog learned in the Level 1 class and builds on that knowledge. We work to proof the stay and coming when called commands around distraction, teach your dog to do the sit/down/stay commands from a distance, make sure he’s listening to you even when he’s not looking in your direction, and stop a running dog in his tracks.
- Scent Games - 1 hour per week for 4 weeks - $200 - We build your dog's natural drive to use that nose and channel it into fun, inventive exercises that you can do at home (which is especially useful when you want to use mental stimulation as exercise). We teach them to find hidden treats, find your lost items in the midst of other similar items, learn the names of toys, search the ground and the air for scents, and differentiate between smells. Using the nose is mentally stimulating, builds confidence, is REALLY fun for everyone, and (this is good for the humans) exhausting for the dogs! These classes are popular and fill up fast.
- Scent Games Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - This seminar is a taste of what we teach in our four week course -- for those who can't commit to four weeks or for those who just want to dip their toes in. Offered intermittently throughout the year.
- Skateboarding Workshops - 1 hour per week for 2 weeks - $100 - Be the next YouTube sensation -- or just a hit at the next family gathering -- with your skateboarding dog. You must provide your own skateboard (Target and Amazon carry boards that are $25). This class is not for dogs who are afraid of wheels, or for dogs too big to fit on the board.
- New Baby Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - (for humans only - no dogs) Planning on starting a family? Concerned about your dog's reaction to a new baby in the house? We'll teach you how to prepare Fido for the baby's arrival, make the change in his life as smooth as possible, and offer tips on how to keep the peace once your baby starts to move around.
- Leash Aggression / Leash Reactive Workshop - 1 hour per week for 2 weeks - $100 - Is your dog GREAT at the dog run and doggie daycare but a bit hard to handle when he/she sees another dog on leash? This seminar is appropriate for dogs who are aggressive or just overly-excited -- the approach is the same. People-aggressive dogs are not appropriate for a group setting but we are happy to set up a private session with you. Limited to five dogs.
- Wheel Aggression Workshop - 1 hour per week for 2 weeks - $100 - Are skateboards, rollerblades, & granny carts your dog's enemy? We have all of those things. Bring your dog and your bag of chicken and come on down.
- Leash Walking Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - Do you want your dog to be more interested in YOU when you're out for a walk, walk politely on a loose leash, heel (!) and deal with distractions?
- That's Mine! Workshop - 1 hour per week for 2 weeks - $100 - Does your dog pick up every chicken bone on the street? Does he attempt to guard these found treasures (or his own toys or bones) when you try and take them away? This seminar will help establish a reliable “drop it” and work to lesson your dog’s anxiety about you coming near his possessions.
- Separation Anxiety Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - (for humans only - no dogs) Can't leave the house without your dog barking, destroying things or eliminating? Can't tie him up outside a café and run in for a coffee?
- Fear Aggression Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - (for humans only - no dogs) Does your dog do his best to scare off visitors? Neighbors in the hallway? Does a friendly approach from a stranger send him into a panic?
- Trick Workshop - 1 hour per week for 2 weeks - $100 - Make your dog into the life of the party with TEN cool tricks! (The dogs must know how to do a "down" in order to complete all tasks.)
- Trick Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - Make your dog into the life of the party with six cool tricks! (The dogs must know how to do a "down" in order to complete all tasks.)
- CGC Testing - 1 hour - $50 - Get your dog AKC certified as a Canine Good Citizen! The test takes a few minutes, and the requirements can be seen here.
- Recall Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - This seminar is designed to start to instill a reliable recall in your pooch. Dogs attending must be social (or at least passive) with other dogs.
- New Dog Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - Got a new dog or puppy? Not quite sure what you've gotten yourself into? Or are you planning on getting a new dog and want to be fully prepared BEFORE Fido arrives? Learn about house training (to crate or not to crate), what supplies you need, what dog books to read (and what not to read), how to prevent certain behavior problems before they start and much much more!
- Fetch! Seminar - 1 hour - $50 - Have you become an expert at throwing the ball and then running to retrieve it? Would you prefer the dog do it for you? Come on down!
- Housetraining 101 - 30 minutes - $30 - Whether you have a new puppy or a hard to train adult, this seminar covers all of the housetraining bases, from wee wee pads to transitioning to outside. Available as a phone consult only at this time.